Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mill reccomendations for a robotics team?

Gunner -

I sent you an email, but I'm cross-posting (right term?) in case you
havent seen it ...

First of all, What would be the travel on this mill.. (im assuming its
a 17x36 table)? Mainly because we'd love to have the capability to work
on some larger peices.
Second of all, This mill would be three-phase correct? then we'd need
to get a VFD? or something else?
Third of all, If we obtain a CNC mill, is there any way to operate it
manually?
Lastly, We're located in the Bay Area; how exorbitant would the
shipping be to our school? (we're located in san jose ca).

Tatsunori Hashimoto