Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim \(remove obvious\)

Default Paper shredder-recomendation

"Blair" wrote in message

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:54:39 -0000, "Blair"
wrote:

Any recommendations for purchase of a paper shredder and which to avoid
Blair

For something worthwhile in terms of security, a crosscut is
necessary.

The strip ones are worthless.
.andy

Thanks for your help.
I decided to buy a crosscut and bought one for £15 from Tesco. As I am
only
a small user this model suits me fine. Operation is slick.
Thanks again to all who contributed.

I think we may have the same Tesco's one- black basket with silver and black
'gubbins' ?

I've had that one for about 8 months and it gets daily use. Still going now,
but sounds strained on times! A good squirt of WD40 on the cutters
periodically seems to help it considerably.

Tim..