Posted to alt.home.repair
RobR

Default one way glass tinting question

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Another one walked in today
despite the new sign with the NO TRESPASSING
and the POSTED AT DIRECTION OF THE NBPT
POLICE (I called and they recommended the wording
yesterday). I also included the text from the MA law
regarding trespass and postings. The guy left after
I told him he was trespassing, but then stood outside
the door with a notebook taking notes from my new
sign. ARGGGHHH!!!!!!!! (Yes, I left the door
unlocked today hoping the new sign would deter
them. You need a key to get out if it's locked
and that's a PITA - I'll change the lock once I
decide if the door needs to remain locked).

"Did you see my sign?" Yes. "Then why are you
here?" The bank sent me. "The bank? Which
bank? This 'bank' sent you to my business,
told you to ignore any signs you might see
and to trespass? You're TRESPASSING!"

He then walked out without a word. I have to get
into the habit of taking their cards first. I just hate
being nice and then turning into a dick. I don't mind
being a dick right off the bat, but I feel like a phony
if I pretend to be nice just to get their card ... sort
of like lowering myself to their level. Argh!!!

The police told me to call them next time it happens
just so they have a report (and perhaps the town can
use that data to enact new town ordinances).
I've put them on speed dial. I'll take the card next
time then immediately speed dial the police on speakerphone
while they stand there wondering who I'm calling.

"RobR" wrote in message
I have a problem at the office. Door to door sales. I've posted
signs all over the door to discourage them, but they think the
signs don't apply to them. I've had a couple of indidents where
they've refused to leave until I pick up the phone to call the
police.

I've started locking the door, but now they sit outside and
bang on the door and I have an employee just inside who is
being made very uncomfortable. I'd like to still be able to
see out the windows while making it difficult for the people
outside to see in. Obviously we always have lights on here,
but this also only happens during daylight hours.

I hate the thought of giving up advertising space on the door
(we only have one window and that's in the break room) but
we can live with that.

Thanks for any ideas.