Tom Quackenbush

Default OT, sorta - Eyeglass frames, what alloy?

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:28:59 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:
SNIP
I'm not familiar with the meaning of binary in this context. Two
element alloy?

Yup. That fancy name for it comes into play only because the properties
we're talking about involve phase changes, and they're characteristically
different for binary alloy systems versus ternary, etc., alloys.

I shouldn't have used the term here because it's only confusing and not
necessary to understanding how the properties work.

SNIP

No, I'm glad you mentioned (and explained) it. Did I mention that
"confusing" is my specialty? Well, actually it's "confused", but
that's pretty close. g

R,
Tom Q.