Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Info Please: Dalton Lathe

There is a seller in my area who is getting a South Bend lathe free of
cost, and as a result, het wants to sell his present and smaller metal
lathe which is a Dalton.

He knows little about it except that he was told it was a 7" X 24" when
he first got it. He also said the lathe weighs about 100lbs, and that
he can turn rods much longer than the stated size between centers by
inserting them through the headstock.

Unfortunately he doesn't know the model number and I cannot find much
on Daltons.

Looking at the picture, the color of the lathe is blue and the gears
and belts are enclosed.

If anyone has any info on this lathe I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.