Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Default full plans / building notice at same time ?

wrote:
They're wise to that one and will be looking at a typical commercial
rate, so you won't get away with that one beyond a certain point.

Yes I got pulled up for that very reason on the last application I
submitted!

How would I know what the rate would be for a "cheap" builder then ?
Costings + some percentage ?

For a start, it's worth looking at the price bands for building notice
applications - there's no point agonising over whether you can justify a
low figure 'X' GBP instead of a higher figure 'Y' GBP if the fee for
both is actually going to be the same. In a similar vein it's probably
not prudent to quote a project cost of 9,999 GBP if the price break is
at 10K, for example.

David