Posted to alt.home.repair
David F. Kyle III

Default Electrical panel rewiring estimate

Make sure you are getting QO breakers. IMO much better than the standard
Harry Home Owner Square D breakers.

"Jeff" wrote in message
Considering that the breakers alone would be at least $300, you are
getting a bargain.

"FDR" wrote in message
I have an old Wadsworth panel (circa 1964) in our house. I recently got a
quote from an electrician to upgrade the panel to Square D circuit
breakers. He proposed to leave the old Wadsworth box in place, including
the wiring entering the box, removing the existing circuit breakers and
bus bars as well as the main fuses, and installing the Square D bus bars,
main circuit breakers and new circuit breakers. This would result in less
labor to remove the old box and rerunning the wires in the new box. Total
cost would be about $600 (parts and labor) to approximately 30 breakers in
a 200 Amp service. Does this sound like a reasonable approach?

Thank you.