Posted to alt.home.repair
Lucid

Default helping others

"Dave" wrote in message
news:LplNf.587057$084.517122@attbi_s22...
The article may have been a scam if it is true. I look at it this way.
If I were to do something charitable for a person in distress and they
were ripping me off, I feel that I will still be rewarded for my good deed
in some way. The person that cheated will get their punishment for
dishonest deeds sooner or later. In other words what comes around goes
around.

Good for you. That puts you head-and-shoulders above most denizens of the
Internet.

Fear of a scam is the excuse that keeps more people from performing acts of
kindness than we are willing to admit. Once people ignore that fear, more
good deeds will flow. There's nothing wrong with ignoring obvious scams,
but if a situation appears to you to be genuine, then don't worry about it.
Do what you feel is right. You've chosen a path that makes the world a
better place.

Luc