Posted to alt.home.repair
Warlock

Default helping others

"Dave" wrote
The article may have been a scam if it is true. I look at it this way.
If I were to do something charitable for a person in distress and they
were ripping me off, I feel that I will still be rewarded for my good deed
in some way. The person that cheated will get their punishment for
dishonest deeds sooner or later. In other words what comes around goes
around.

plenty of wishful thinking there. reality tells us that an animal,
including a human beast, will act in its own best interests. that's life --
a series of transactions that sometimes work to our own benefit, and other
times not. to put faith in some sort of cosmic balance is like believing in
a god. not very rational.