Tom Quackenbush

Default OT, sorta - Eyeglass frames, what alloy?

I just picked up my new eyeglasses (quoting Errol, "WooHoo!!!" - I
can see again). The frames are a from a model line called "Flexon, by
Marchon".

Now, I don't pay a whole lot of attention to eyeglass frames, I
don't have a clue what's stylish, etc. When I told the salesman I
wanted something sturdy, he walked over, picked up a pair of these
frames & twisted them beyond recognition. When he released his grip,
they popped right back to their original shape! It kind of amazed me
and I bought them on the spot (I really could have used frames like
this when I was a kid).

After looking on the Web, I _think_ they're made from some sort of
nickel-titanium alloy, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone know what type of alloy this is and what other
applications it may be being used for?

BTW, now that I have new glasses and a new monitor, you can expect
fewer errors in my posts. Keep in mind the old saying, " you can
expect in one hand and . . .".

R,
Tom Q