Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default Using a trim router bit on 1x2x8 oak trim?

"N Hurst" wrote in message

All I have is the standard PC base and the plunge router base that came
in the pack I bought, and I'm not sure SWMBO will allow another
signifiacnt tool purchase for this project. Are offset router bases
expensive? (i.e. more than $50? :-) )

An offset base should not be that much, and you can even make your own. They
are not necessary, but you will think it money well spent the first time you
slip.

http://www.patwarner.com/offset_subbase.html

I think if I can clamp some scrap 2x4s I have lying around to act as a
support I should be OK as to the stability of the router.

As long as you route in the proper direction, and have a steady hand and
stay concentrated, you should be OK, but you will eventually want to put a
subbase for your router on your todo list.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05