Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eric R Snow

Default woodcarvings from a digital photo all cnc machined

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:50:47 GMT, "Dave Lyon"
wrote:

"troyswoodworking" wrote in message
roups.com...
www.troyswoodworking.com one of a kind cnc machined woodcarving from a
photo painting artwork google images etc... extreme detail right down
to a freckle on your face.

I'd be interested in knowing how they change the pictures into G code.
Anybody know?

I have software called BobArt that uses a digital file, such as a jpg,
and converts the raster file into a vector file. If it's just a
picture the software uses grayscale to determine depth. The max depth
is assigned by me, not the computer. The files can be manipulated
after conversion to a vector file. After I'm satisfied with the
picture the software converts the vector file into G code. There many
programs that do this. Google for raster to vector conversion.
ERS