Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Compulsory water metering

"curious" wrote in message
ups.com...
Up until now water companies didn't want you to be on a meter so I knew
(in 1986) that it would be a good idea. I have saved money ever since
- not a fortune since you will find that most of your bill is still for
the standing charge i.e. to maintain the water mains and the sewerage
system. However I would guess that a household of say one male and
three females would probably notice very little difference in the size
of the bills. Any occupancy less than that should probably give a
saving and any more would probably cost more with metering. One upside
is that with metering you pay for what you use so you can still use
hosepipes - ban of no ban!! Good Luck Curious

A hosepipe ban is a hosepipe ban, meter or no meter.