Posted to alt.home.repair
Amanda Robin

Default Black grease in washer

Hi all,

I have read some previous threads about this problem. I wondered if
anybody could hazard a guess for my model of washer, which just exuded a
whole bunch of black grease into a load of sheets and bedding. Not just
some spots, but big wipes of it on each piece.

It is a Kenmore front-loader, less than 6 years old. Model #
41740042990. I had repair work done on it last year--it needed the motor
control board replaced. I shoulda sprung for the extended warrantee
then, it seems.

Anyway, I know it's the washer, since I haven't dried the load in
question yet. I'm now running a small load of towels to see if it
happens again. It hasn't happened yet; I suspect it will happen during
the spin cycle.

Thanks for any tips. May be time for a new washer....

Amanda