Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Furnace installed improperly

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message
news:SI7Nf.3804$d61.574@trnddc05...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Dr. Hardcrab" wrote in message
news:4M5Nf.5486$FE2.4284@trnddc01...

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
"It was was inspected and given a cert of ocupancy right"

I once had a 200A heavy-up inspected in 5 minutes, breaker panel door
was never opened, much less the cover removed.

So I'm not suprised, ever, at what an inspector can miss.

Dave

My home inspectors missed the fact that half my kitchen was built over
a crawlspace. Duh.

Is there something wrong with that?

Yeah. They discussed a million details about how to make the house more
comfortable in winter - stuff like putting those foam things behind
electrical switch covers, and repairing weatherstripping that the prior
owner had neglected. I pointed out the crawlspace, which was never
insulated correctly and asked about the proper way to do it. Both guys
said "Hmm....didn't catch that."

O.K., I gotcha now.

I thought maybe new codes don't allow crawlspaces anymore or something....

;-]

No - still allowed. But, it makes me wonder just how cheap it was to heat
houses in 1956, when this was built. Absolutely no effort was made to
insulate the crawlspace, and it's the main dining area. The floor's ice
cold. It's gonna be a project.