Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default Ping Leon.

"Scorp" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 00:02:37 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Fence comes off just like that on my LT18?

You can lift the fence up and slide it off?

Deflection has not been a
real problem as you don't need to put much force in that direction,
but if I do force it it does flex a bit. Also my dust collection is
not bad, there's usually only some small amounts settling in the
corners. They could come up with another pickup below the table with
some better shrouding as some dust does get pinched on the lower
wheel. I have found it worse with green wood though.

Well so far I let the dust fall wher it will and I clean up afterwards.

I was considering getting the Laguna Resaw King. It can be resharpened 5
10 times IIRC. Apparently it falls between high speed steel and carbide.

AFAIK it is carbide? Wouldn't count on that many resharpenings however
if only because it may not last that long I have one but haven't
tried it yet, been mostly resawing softer woods or rough
cutting....maybe next year.

According to Torben and his DVD video the ResawKing is not carbide. He says
that it is a "softer" material so that it will not explode if you hit a hard
knot or nail. His estimation is that it can be resharpened 5 to 10 times.
I suspect that if it is a softer material it will have to/can be be
resharpened more often and probably before the band wears out.

I have also slipped my drive belt, badly, smelly bad, but you try and
cut a log into quarters freehand with a chainsaw and hand feed it,
binds the blade pretty easily. Hope someone has a suggestion about
the link belt or ?

Well, belts stretch when they are used. I suspect that untill the belt gets
broken in it may need to be retensioned a few times. I will have to mention
that at the ww show later this month when I visit the Laguna booth.

Thank you Steve.

Steve Jensen
Abbotsford B.C.
chopping out the mortise.