Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Builders/Timber Merchants and T'Internet ..

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 15:57:45 +0000, Chris Bacon
wrote:

Stuart wrote:
This trade seems reluctant to embrace merchandising from websites . I
have not yet seen one that gives anythting other than very general
info .Even the B+Q site at www.diy.com is pathetic.

That's about the most dire site I've used.

Why is this .Do they still regard themselves as a TRADE outlet
..altho' I accept thats where most of their business comes from ......
For long enough I am sure they have come across to most people as a
bit intimidating a place to go in to .

That's because the vast bulk of their trade is with regular
customers who generally know exactly what they want and don't
waste 1/2 an hour of the staff's time for a tiny sale.

If you buy at a BM it really helps to be informed before you
go, and to know the system a little.

I'd agree with that Know what you want and how to get it ...

Travis Perkins site is more informative tho' and it seems that you can
order from it .

Stuart