Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Cowley

Default Compulsory water metering

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 14:22:16 +0000, Pete C wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4759960.stm

Good or bad?

I wonder how they'd deal with a property like ours - the water supply to
our house is shared, it comes in via 15mm copper through a party wall.
If the neighbour turns their internal stop-cock off, our supply is also
cut off.

They'd presumably either have to give us our own water supply from the
street, or subtract our meter reading from the neighbour's.

There must be properties in Kent set up like this too, I'd have thought.
Thames Water told me it wasn't an entirely uncommon setup in Victorian
terraces. It must also be fairly common in flats.
--
Chris Cowley