Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Donald Vivian

Default Turning materials

Hey,

I turn a fair bit of corian, as well as Acrylics for pens and other
small items. Overall they are fairly decent to work with. Typically they
give off nice curly strips. However as it has already been stated.
Becareful about applying too much presure as it will build up heat, and
can even shatter. The main downside I find about working with composite
materials can be the smell. I personally dont like the smell of turning
Corian. But I really like the results so I just use good ventilation,
and turn it during the warmer months of summer.

Donald Vivian