Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Peter Huebner

Default Cutting aluminum with carbide wood cutting blade on tablesaw

In article ,
ess says...

I know this is putting more wear on the blade than wood would, but how much
more? Am I doing anything harmful to the tools? Seems to me the original
"aluminum and plastic" blade was much worse.

First up, you should have no problem whatsoever cutting alu with carbide.

The funny thing is, I do exactly the opposite: I got an aluminium cutting
carbide blade from my sawdoctor; it has very close set teeth and a negative
rake on it and I use this blade for super clean wood cutting - for instance
when I use MDF panels with .5mm real wood veneer for frame and panel - with an
ordinary sawblade this veneer will chip back up to 3mm from the (trailing)
edge, with the aluminium cutting blade it doesn't. Cost me a small fortune but
worth every cent :-)

-P.