Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pogo

Default Is screw too soft ?

First mistake -- these are typically very soft mild steel. It
is chosen to make the screws easier to make, not better.
Also -- if you don't have one, get a good tap wrench of
appropriate size from your vendor (*not* Home Depot) at the same
time.

I want to respond to your post in detail & with a different photo but since
I need to get to bed right now I will do so tomorrow night. Thanks for all
of the detail! It's what I need at this stage in my education !

I will answer this more completely sometime tomorrow night ( EST time. )

Thanks again -
JCD