Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Methane Gas? coming up bathtub drains

14 year old house. This problem is in one bathroom only and it is the
one on the north side of the house. Very cold climate. When it is
really cold and you flush the toilet, you hear gurgling sounds from the
sink, Jacuzzi, and shower. Unless you turn on all the taps and let the
water run for about 2 minutes (real pain in the middle of the night),
the bathroom starts smelling like a sewer and permeates the whole house
if you don't catch it in time, I am guessing this is methane gas? We
thought the vent could be blocked so we have in the past poured water
down the vent and it did not seem to be blocked. Can anyone out there
help?