Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Don

Default Polyurethane glue foams on plastic radiator.

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:12:29 GMT, "Sam Nickaby" wrote:

I am trying to glue my plastic radiator tank using Elmer's
Polyurethane Glue just to see if it'll hold. I've heard that this
worked fine on small pinhole leaks by a few people. The
problem is that when ever the glue dries bubbles or foams
are formed on the glue in about 2 hours. The foam is a bad
thing because it's very brittle. What is the proper way to use
this glue so it won't foam?

Thanks

Radiators can be bought very cheap these days. Most tank repairs do
not last long. Buy a new radiator.

Don
www.donsautomotive.com