Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave August

Default I want to Build a Tap Guide Block

DON'T!!!

Make one of these instead you'll be MUCH happier.
http://www.ggls.org/TappingFixture/

I threw my tapping block away after I made mine :-)

--.- Dave

"Mike" wrote in message
. com...
I need help is there a standard size hole in tap guide blocks?

I found a couple on ebay but would like to make my own. I've been
looking for plans with little luck I found a 4 hole version.

Should be hea treated ?
The ones I've fund on ebay were Aluminum or 1018

Flexbar makes one out of 4010 that is het treated. Seems like this would
be better, but is it necessary ?

If so I probably would skip making one since I don't have the means of
heat treating at my disposal.