Posted to alt.home.repair
RobR

Default one way glass tinting question

"Mys Terry" wrote in message
On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:59:59 GMT, "RobR" wrote:

"Mys Terry" wrote in message
. ..
Mount an electric air horn outside over the door pointing downward and
wire it to a button at your desk. Use it as needed. If that doesn't
work, switch to water balloons.

Great ideas, I'd love to implement them, as well as a button
that releases tigers, shoots lightning bolts, and opens up the
punji trap in the sidewalk outside. Alas, one call to the
police from these clowns I'm sure will have me either
removing the device or hiring an attorney.

If the police won't respond when you call, why would you think the
police would come for them?

I think you might benefit from some assertiveness training. Honest.

The police have said they won't respond unless the sales people refuse
to leave. We've been told they are breaking no laws by soliciting. On
the other hand, if I assult them, now I've broken a law (and there's
always the possibilty some DA might consider an airhorn to be an assault).

There is NO problem with assertiveness here. The newest sign is quite
assertive and I've resorted to screaming GTFO of my business when
required (and on bad days when I feel like yelling at someone who feels
my signs don't apply to them). At this point though it's difficult to be
assertive through a locked door when they are standing outside it annoying
an employee. I should not have to deal with disruptions to my business
because of these people.

We've gotten way off topic here though. I'm looking
for suggestions on one-way tinting during daylight hours.... unless you
know of some MA law I can invoke that actually would have consequences
for people ignoring my signs.