Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Steve W.

Default Polyurethane glue foams on plastic radiator.

"Sam Nickaby" wrote in message
et...
I am trying to glue my plastic radiator tank using Elmer's
Polyurethane Glue just to see if it'll hold. I've heard that this
worked fine on small pinhole leaks by a few people. The
problem is that when ever the glue dries bubbles or foams
are formed on the glue in about 2 hours. The foam is a bad
thing because it's very brittle. What is the proper way to use
this glue so it won't foam?

Thanks

Poly glues foam when they cure. That is why they are used in loose
joints.
I usually repair cracked tanks using the plastic welder. The plastic
welds easily just don't overheat it and scorch it.