John Laird

Default 20 ways to loose money on your house...

On 26 Jul 2004 10:57:41 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

Like the TV show says; Location, location, location. You can change
everything else.

Although I didn't see this show, I can imagine how it went (a bit like the
House Doctor, or whatever it was). In many ways, it is the flip side to
"location, location, location". When you are not in a prime location, it is
almost certainly worth following the sort of advice offered, in order to
make your property stand out amongst others. But if your house is in a
sought-after area, it may not be worth the effort. When we saw our/my
current home, it had the works: dogs, a cat, carpet in the kitchen, foul 70s
units, unspeakable patterned carpets, freshly-painted walls (freshly-painted
embossed wallpaper in colours like **** brown and lime green, that is),
dodgy electrics, close to zero water pressure, leaky rads, a lemon yellow
bathroom suite, yadda yadda. Garden was tidy, though. None of this
mattered, because it was in the right road and had potential. In the depths
of the post-90 slump, there were 3 parties in the bidding.

Sad to say it might now struggle to sell as easily as some others as I have
avoided bespoiling it with upvc windows (almost certainly contravening
conservation orders, but they seem to be enforced with the strength of a
soggy lettuce leaf) and laminated flooring. The masses are truly dumb.

--
You don't need to be a cannibal to be fed up with people.

Mail john rather than nospam...