Posted to rec.woodworking
Patriarch

Default New Craftsman bandsaw

Adam Jawer wrote in
9.130:

Craftsman 12" Bandsaw Sears item #00922400000 Mfr. model #BAS300

I bought one of these and it seemed like a real steal except for the
following fact. It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to find 89 1/2" blades that this
saw takes. Sears does not carry them. THe only place that I found on the
web claims that they are out of stock due to high demand from new owners
of this model needing blades. As far as I can find, this is the ONLY
bandsaw in the marktplace that uses this odd blade size. Do yourself a
favor and get the next model up (14 inch). THe saw performs fine but I
have only been able to use it with the included stamped steel 1/2 inch
blade which pretty much limits it's usability.

-Adam

Many local sharpening services can make up bandsaw bulk stock to the size
you need. Give them a call.

If not, try one of the national shops advertised in the back of your
favorite woodworking magazine.

Probably save a nickle or two as well.

Patriarch