Posted to rec.woodworking,uk.d-i-y
Guess who

Default Cabinet above a radiator

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:10:30 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"bob" wrote in message
news
I'm building a large built-in that covers a whole wall between the
fireplace
and the back wall of the house. To one side of the roughly 8 foot span is
hot water radiator, which is 4 feet long.

I have seen this done with a flat piece of sheet metal. They insulated
behind it with some aresol foam. It was very simple. I don't see the need
to do anything more complicated.

I've done that over a wood stove. Stainless steel with air-space or
insulation behind.

MUCH MORE IMPORTANT! Contact your local fire dept and insurance
company and ask them! If they veto it, can it.