Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred

Default Central heating / hot water upgrade

If installing a combi,
this uses mains pressure.
older radiator valves where not designed for this, expect leaks! On
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:12:04 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

On 28 Feb 2006 03:52:20 -0800, "D S" wrote:

I've just bought a flat (1900s conversion). I having a new bathroom and
combi/condensing boiler put in and wondered what the general consensus
was on the central heating. Do I need to / should I replace the rads
and flush the system if I'm going to put in a new boiler or will it be
okay just to connect the new boiler to the existing system?

It should be properly flushed and cleaned before the boiler is
installed or the warranty on the boiler may well be voided.

The same should be done, typically with a desludging cleaner after
installation to neutralise fluxes etc.

If you identify the boiler, you should be able to find the
installation instructions on the manufacturer's web site. That will
give anything specific, but the above is normal good practice.

Domake sure that the installer does it.