Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

Default Solvent for Scotch sticky tape glue

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 16:57:10 UTC, john2 wrote:

What's the best solvent for old Scotch translucent tape remains, clagged
on a SKY remote control? The plastic tape has gone but the glue is
still there.
Meths and lighter fluid not very effective.
Cellulose thinner disolves the handset but leaves the goo intact.

I've found that 'sticky stuff remover' works well (no, I'm serious). It
used to be a solvent-type liquid, but it's usually an orangey oil these
days. Kleeneze do it (at a price) or places such as CPC, etc. Really
useful to have around.