Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Replogle

Default Making an etch mask

On 28 Feb 2006 06:44:22 -0800, "Will" wrote:

Hi guys, a how do I question...

What I am trying to acheive is glass bottles etched with our initials
for wedding favours. I have a gritblaster and compressor as well as all
the common tools including a lathe (but not a milling machine).

How should I go around making a mask that I can blast thru to get the
required pattern of letters?

I will have to blast 40 bottles, so a mask that only lasts 4 gos is not
up to the job, but 10 goes is possible if it is more than 4 times as
easy as making one that will last 40 goes IYSWIM.

The pattern is gonna be quite small 1cm to 1" max

Thanks
Will

Here is etching cream, sandblasters, and alphabet stencils.
http://www.delphiglass.com/index.cfm...2&viewcat=1782
Randy