Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Will

Default Making an etch mask

Hi guys, a how do I question...

What I am trying to acheive is glass bottles etched with our initials
for wedding favours. I have a gritblaster and compressor as well as all
the common tools including a lathe (but not a milling machine).

How should I go around making a mask that I can blast thru to get the
required pattern of letters?

I will have to blast 40 bottles, so a mask that only lasts 4 gos is not
up to the job, but 10 goes is possible if it is more than 4 times as
easy as making one that will last 40 goes IYSWIM.

The pattern is gonna be quite small 1cm to 1" max

Thanks
Will