Dave Mundt

Default Ebay Bogus No Reserve Listings

Greetings and Salutations.

On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 04:45:11 -0500, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Dave Mundt writes:

Interestingly enough, if one takes the stock off a
shotgun, it becomes "shotgun PARTS"...which Ebay DOES allow.

This can't be true.

Well, I suppose if Ebay vetted every posting, it
would not happen. However, they don't. I suspect that
they wait until somebody complains, so they can have
plausible deniability. And indeed, Ebay DOES allow the
sale of "gun parts" although I suspect they discourage it.
here is an example or two:
and here is a fellow with a BUNCH of parts:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&userid=djstar

Now, in MY particular case, it was kind of an egregious
example of pushing the limits of how one would define "gun parts",
I admit. However, it was "parts"...just not widely separated parts.

Anyone else remember that Mad magazine ad for disabled pistols--no firing
pins?

Haw...that is amusing...Mad had some really
pithy thoughts buried among the some of the "simpler" humor.
Regards
Dave Mundt