Posted to rec.woodworking
George E. Cawthon

Default What tool do I need to make a door close again?

wrote:
I have a few doors that seem to have expanded this winter and won't
close properly, or open easily, they just get stuck, it's a struggle.
What electric tool do I need to shave a bit of wood off them? is it an
electric grinder, sander, or planer?

Many thanks and regards.

You don't need an electric tool. Use a bullnose
plane, which will allow you to plane all the way
to the bottom of the door. Don't dismount the
door, just note where it hits the frame and plane
those parts, plane a little, swing the door to
test, and plane a bit more if it still contacts.