Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default I give up,. how do you polish metal?

According to Eric R Snow :
On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 23:11:40 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

arrya deefmon wrote:
I've made a faceplate of navy bronze and now I'd like it to shine
without having any scratches. I drilled and milled and removed the

[ ... ]

Bronze? Are you sure bronze can be polished? I've polished
a number of things in the past, but never tried bronze. I have
some doubts it will ever take a real polish.

Jon,
Bronze polishes up very well. In fact, people used to make mirrors out
of it.

Yep -- "speculum" bronze. "Speculum" was a term for a mirror.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564