Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook

Default 7" grinder faster?

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 00:38:33 GMT, "Emmo" wrote:

Thanx to all. I do currently use three 4.5" grinders, (2 from HF, 1 DeWalt)
with a grinding wheel, a coarse grit flapwheel sanding disk, and a finer
grit flapwheel, all plugged in all the time. But I have not been doing much
of any v-grooving or other prep work. This is mostly 14 gauge tubing, so
penetration is actually less of an issue than burning through, at least for
me.

Thanx to these responses, I plan to go ahead and use this month's HF
discount coupon and pick up one of these 7" grinders, and I also plan to do
a lot more experimenting with prep and with my settings on my Hobart 175.

I think your money would be better spent buying higher quality
grinding wheels. Sait make very good ones.