Posted to rec.woodworking
George E. Cawthon

Default Plastic Resin Glue

wrote:
While we're on the subject, I have a question about that stuff. I've
used it once and I'm still experimenting, but I know I used the amount
of water I was supposed to, and even a little bit more, but it was
still really thick and pasty.

Is that something that usually happens, that you have to use enough
water to give it the right consistency, and often it's different than
what the label says, or did I get a bad batch or do something wrong or
something?

So far, the piece we glued up is holding up just fine. The glue just
didn't behave the way I expected it to.

I've only used the Weldwood brand of Plastic Resin
Glue and it does not behave that way. Plastic
resin glue is known for being thin and requires a
good fit as it is not a gap filler. When mixed as
directed my plastic resin glue is about the same
consistency as a new bottle of children's white glue.