Posted to rec.woodworking
AAvK

Default Parts for Old Woodworking Vise

Alex,

I contacted Morgan Vises and they sent me a bronze part used in one of
their vises that worked in my vise. Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Steve Foster

Glad to help.

I just went through a storm of the same thinking, but in order to preserve the original
part and not wear it out. I sent them (manager at Morgan) a series of pictures of the
half nut along side of tape measure and complete explanation of the thread sizes. He
replied and said they are the same size, but no doubt made of the same soft brass
material. He told me $25, what did you pay?

--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com