Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
knowone

Default MILLER DIALARC or Lincoln equivalent DEAD OR ALIVE

Appreciate your comments Bob.

As you probably know, the fan would be extremely easy to control by just
setting a bi-metallic thermostat on top of the transformer with some thermal
grease and one wire of the fan connected in series with the thermostat.
Normally, open, of course.

Can one not weld aluminum easily with the Dialarc h.f.?

"MetalHead" wrote in message
knowone wrote:
Actually Don, I am looking for either.

I don't have any experience with either, either.

I have heard good things about both but you know how that is.

I have had one of each. Both are good machines.

The Dialarc is a good DC machine, for steel and stainless they are fine.
AC is OK.

The Syncrowave does a better job at low currents and the square wave AC is
much better for aluminum work.

One of the things I really like about the Syncrowave is the
thermostatically controlled fan, the Dialarc fan was on all the time and
was pretty loud. With the Syncrowave, the fan only comes on after some
fairly heavy work and it's a lot quieter. It's a funny thing to comment
about something that trivial, but after spending a full day welding it
makes a difference.

Good Luck,
Bob