ATP

Default Ebay Bogus No Reserve Listings

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
ATP wrote:

JMartin957 wrote:
I know of one seller that lists machinery with a low starting bid,
no reserve, then ends the listing if the bidding doesn't go high
enough, claiming the item is no longer available for sale. I'm not
sure if this violates Ebay rules or not, it definitely is
misleading and a waste of time for bidders. In the past, when I've
seen this kind of thing, it has always been done before the end of
the listing. I just won a bid on a milling machine and the guy
tells me "Sorry, the milling machine is no longer available".
Apparently your bid is a contract but some sellers won't perform
their end of the contract.

I have seen items offered "subject to prior sale" and, as long as it
is offered that way, I can't get too excited about it. Although I
wonder how many of those "prior sales" are real.

With a seller letting the auction run almost to the end and then
pulling the item, I'd be a bit more unhappy. An individual seller,
with a one-time occurrence, I could go along with. But a dealer who
regularly pulls that trick is another matter, and I'd go after him
with eBay. If they'll do anything.

Try withdrawing your bids a few times without some real good
reasons, and see what eBay's reaction is.

Too bad you can't leave feedback on an auction that was ended like
that.

John Martinb

I guess I can leave feedback on the latest one because the auction
actually ended, I was sent an invoice, etc..

Sounds like you're a very forgiving guy or couldn't have been *too*
****ed off, if you went along with buying something from him after
that pulled item deal.

Don't fret too much, the books always balance in the end...

Jeff

No, I was sent an invoice, emailed the guy to find out where I could pick
the item up, and he replied it was no longer available. I think it's a
disturbing trend on ebay- deadbeat buyers and sellers.