Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Too much choice - sanitary silicone

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:45:03 +0000, (Mac) wrote:

I've a bit of sealing to do on a shower, WC, basin, so am looking at the
Screwfix cat. There are 4 different ones, ranging from £4.99 (EvoStik)
down to £1.75. Too much choice! Anyone got a view on the best buy? I
want it to stay white and not grow mildew for as long as possible. (The
£3.75 one says "thick.. for professional application" - is that a
euphemism for difficult to apply?)

While I'm here...the PVA varies from £18.99 for 5l (Unibond) down to
£9.99 and £6.99. Are the cheaper ones as good, or are they already
diluted?

Thanks, anyone.

Dunno about the silicone but the PVA .I got a 5ltr container from a
timber merchants and it cost nothing like that iirc

Stuart