Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken

Default Adjusting ceiling heating vents: Options available?

http://www.bobvila.com/ArticleLibrar...ForcedAir.html

Thanks for the info. Though I had imagined such a system could be
designed, I didn't know it was actually commercially available. This
is an eye opener, and for my longer term plans, offers an alternative
to my idea of installing electric base heaters. The only drawback to
this alternative, however, appears that for it to work as designed, the
house's entire "trunk" would have to be retrofitted with these dampers.
Yes? A lot more labor (and mess to somehow temporarily live with)
than from the simple wiring in and installation of electric base
heaters idea. But on the other hand this would certainly give me a
good rationalization/excuse to just have a total
renovation/interior-redecoration of the basement done. g

Ken