Chuck

Default Compressor Motor: HP v.s. Amps?

I don't think my previous "Thank You" post made it into the thread. Thanks
to all that replied.

Gary, your answer (and the answer of a couple of other people) was the
'simple' answer I was looking for.

Much of the physics dissertation now ongoing in the thread is way above me.
grin Glad others are enjoying it. g

Thanks!
Chuck

Gary Coffman wrote in
:

Where reading the current spec is useful is to cut through the
marketing bull****. Output power must always be less than input power
(no machine is 100% efficient). Input power is voltage times current,
in your case 115 * 14.4, which yields 1656 watts, or 1656/746=2.2 HP.
Now since some of that current is reactive, and the 14.4 figure is a
maximum instead of a sustained value, real continuous load HP will be
less than 2.2 HP. Conservatively, probably based on allowable heat
rise in the windings, they're saying it is 0.75 HP, which is very
believeable.