Posted to alt.home.repair

Default rotting desk posts - question about the wood

It cant be all that poisonous. I thought my treated wood fence would
be horse proof. Horses chew up soft wood. I was wrong. The horses
chewed right thru several treated boards. They are fine. I cant say
the same for the fence. I finally had a local sawmill make me oak
planks. What a pain to work with..... But no chewing. Horses dont
like hardwood. I dont like working with it.

And just remember, EVERYTHING causes cancer. Particularly SEX.
If everyone stopped having sex, cancer would be completely eradicated
in about 100 years.

And whatever you do, never burn treated wood, except in a fire.

(OOPS, I screwed up again.... I heated my house with the remains of
the horse chewed treated boards for several days this winter).
I think my woodburner is lined with asbestos too.....
Geeezzzzzzz, I'm getting scared now.....

If you're not afraid yet, just wait till Memorial Day, I predict there
will be another terrorism alert (just like every holiday, including
the Superbowl). If you keep the citizens living in fear, they will
submit to anything.

ALWAYS BE AFRAID - Signed "George W. Bush"

--------------------------

On 26 Feb 2006 15:57:03 -0800, "
wrote:

Impossible to know, have seen some begin falling apart in 5 years, some
may last 20 years.

The EPA is looking at listing treatred wood as a hazardous material,
like asbestos.

one day guys in moon suits may be removing outdoor wood all over the
nation.

some outdoor wood contains cancer causing chemicals. stay tuned for
futher devlopments