ATP

Default Ebay Bogus No Reserve Listings

JMartin957 wrote:
I know of one seller that lists machinery with a low starting bid, no
reserve, then ends the listing if the bidding doesn't go high enough,
claiming the item is no longer available for sale. I'm not sure if
this violates Ebay rules or not, it definitely is misleading and a
waste of time for bidders. In the past, when I've seen this kind of
thing, it has always been done before the end of the listing. I just
won a bid on a milling machine and the guy tells me "Sorry, the
milling machine is no longer available". Apparently your bid is a
contract but some sellers won't perform their end of the contract.

I have seen items offered "subject to prior sale" and, as long as it
is offered that way, I can't get too excited about it. Although I
wonder how many of those "prior sales" are real.

With a seller letting the auction run almost to the end and then
pulling the item, I'd be a bit more unhappy. An individual seller,
with a one-time occurrence, I could go along with. But a dealer who
regularly pulls that trick is another matter, and I'd go after him
with eBay. If they'll do anything.

Try withdrawing your bids a few times without some real good reasons,
and see what eBay's reaction is.

Too bad you can't leave feedback on an auction that was ended like
that.

John Martinb

I guess I can leave feedback on the latest one because the auction actually
ended, I was sent an invoice, etc..