Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon

Default This is so cool! A 'safety' table saw that detects your finger.

"Pete C." wrote in message

Technologically it is interesting, however it has failed miserably from
a business perspective since the public doesn't want it.

Do you have finantial figures to back up you claim here? LOL
Since the saw is in production and selling within a few years of having been
introduced I would say it is a success despite personal feelings about the
saw.

Further reason to not patronize the company is the fact that in their
desperation to recover the development costs for their failed product
they are attempting to get the government to require manufacturers to
license and incorporate their technology in new saws.

Any law against that? I believe that is called ummmm Capitolism.

This of course is essentially trying to get the government to force
consumers to purchase the product. Not only should you not patronize a
company as unethical as the sawstop folks, you should actively oppose
their corrupt efforts.

Oh you have a hard on... I see.