Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike O.

Default Unisaw blade shroud?

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 19:40:14 -0000, Jeff Dantzler
wrote:

My main question is can any one tell me the thread spec for these
holes?

I just dug all the crud out of these holes and by chance happened to
have a 5/16" x 18 tpi bolt lying around so I figured that part out.

Would still be interested in any input regarding the blade shroud.

I personally think you're too concerned about the combustion issue.
If you stand at that saw ripping as fast as you can with no
ventilation in a closet and have someone else welding at the same time
you MIGHT be able to cause a flash fire. I think with minimal
ventilation you would not have a problem.

As far as the shroud goes, the two holes are for a small shroud that
basically keeps pitch off the elevation gears. On the older style
cabinets I've seen, a slanted false bottom is installed in the bottom
of the case that is slanted towards a hole cut for the vac system. I
suppose to reduce the amount of dust that was able to accumulate, you
could do the same thing but higher in the cabinet.

Mike O.