Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols

Default Machining thin disks on a lathe

According to :

DoN. Nichols wrote:

[ ... ]

Unless someone has been playing games with the DNS, this is quite
strange.

That's the problem!

When you said that you tried to answer an e-mail from me, I thought
that you were using the send to respond to the last e-mail I wrote you.

I was!

is the now defunct Staten Island ISP that I
originally signed up with Deja.com - Google Groups.

But -- it is still in your headers -- both in the newsgroups (to
this moment), and in the e-mail which you last sent me -- which appears
to have been sent by you as e-mail in reply to a posting in the newsgroup.

Obviously this time you weren't trying to respond directly to the
e-mail I sent from. But instead via the newsgroups.

I don't *send* e-mail responses to newsgroup postings -- unless
I feel that someone is about to damage some equipment, and want to reach
them as quickly as possible.

I *can't* even send e-mail from the machine which I use for
Newsreading, so I have to jump through hoops to send an e-mail response,
mostly cut-and-paste to another machine.

I was trying to respond to an e-mail which I received -- though
*you* may have sent it from your newsreader, not your e-mail client.

Note the quoted headers (somewhat trimmed -- snips marked) from
your e-mail:

From
Tue Feb 14 00:37:40 2006
[ ... ]

by cadeau.d-and-d.com with SMTP; 14 Feb 2006 05:37:40 -0000

[ ... ]

To: "DoN. Nichols"
Subject: Tool Terms
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:37:28 -0800

[ ... ]

+.NET CLR 1.1.4322),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)

I note that you are using google to read newsgroups, and perhaps
that confused your attempt to post to the newsgroup and turned it into
an e-mail reply instead.

The e-mail you wanted to respond to is

It was not in the headers.

(There was/is no way to change things, but at least I'm not getting all
the spam that probably goes to the original e-mail I had).

There is that.

I'll put the new address onto the bounced e-mail, though we have
moved way past that by now, I think.

*Please* don't send e-mail responses to newsgroup postings. I
prefer to keep those in the newsgroup.

Thanks,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
(too) near Washington D.C. |