Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Ed

Default Update to ""Flood" Problem in Refrigerator"

wrote in message
oups.com...
This is an update to my "Flood" Problem in Refrigerator thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....00f478ce0fded6

I did not have the confidence to do this repair myself, so I called A&E
Factory Service (an authorized Whirlpool repair shop). A technician
came and did the job for $160 (expensive). The problem was just as
those who responded to my posting said: a clogged drain tube located
behind the back panel of the freezer compartment. Clogged with ice.
Cleared with hot water. Problem gone. That was 12 days ago.

Thanks again to all who responded to my original post. You guys were
completely right on this one.

---With Appreciation
---TConrad

I didn't see that thread. If hot water was all he did the job isn't done. If
you hang a bare copper wire, 12 ga is best, from the defrost heater down
into the drain the ice won't return. if you didn't, it will.